Friday, September 12, 2008

There is an Irish saying: “Firelight will not let you read fine stories but it's warm and you won't see the dust on the floor” – Well, we’ve come far since those days we’ve had to use fire, and I much rather talk about lamps…so, “let it be light”…I’ve decided to look for some really unique and somewhat funny and amusing examples for you to enjoy. It’s just a drop in the ocean, but a very inspiring one.
Here's a bulb, designed by Hironao Tsuboi and if to quote from his site he aims "for a design that gives you goose bumps"- Well, does it ?

I guess, this is David Graas's interpretation for a box. No, wait, it's a lamp. Or is it ?!
If you lost a button or if the cat unstitched your favorite sweater, maybe, you can ask CUCULO to make a lamp out of it...:

And if you haven't had enough, here are a few lamps, that are bound to make you smile (or at least run to the nearest cupboard, to grab some chocolate...):

...Or wanna have some soda...
...Or wanna play table tennis...

Finally, here's something I've made out of plastic cups, to complement my Eero Aarnio' Pastil Chairs, both in colour and in shape:


By the way, I don't want to take credit for it- It's design was very common in the 70's, in ISRAEL. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it- If you happen to bump into a good lamp design, you're welcome to share it here.

5 comments:

Impossible Alice said...

I love love love those lamps!! I can't wait to have my own house that I can fill with all quirky, off beat things like that :)

Maria Nyberg said...

Beautiful lamps, I really like the first one. :-)

Unknown said...

Oooo... I like the white one! and the one with the buttons...

Impossible Alice said...

Just popping in to say hello :)

Debra said...

Those are so awesome!!!
You have a great blog.